Create units inside your property – hotel structure
On this page, you will find all the data you entered when creating a unit, with one additional field ‘’Units’’ which is automatically set to 0.
The Units field allows you to create a hotel structure, which makes the process of entering a large number of same units easier, and it saves you time by creating one group calendar for you to run. If you have 3 completely identical rooms in your property, here you will enter three units and manage their availability on the Calendar page. Until you create a reservation for the last available unit in a certain period, the room will be visible as available on sales channels.
Note: do not enter units as a Complex level property, because once you create a Room level property they will automatically be deleted. So you should always enter units on a Room Level property.
We also urge you not to add more units to already existing ones that already have reservations, only add units to new properties without any reservations.
To add new units, click on the button next to the entered number in the Units field.
A new window will open with a table of Units.
By clicking on the ”Add unit” button you can add a new unit within the object, which opens a pop-up window where you need to confirm the creation of the unit by clicking on the ”OK” button or cancel by clicking on the ”Cancel” button.
Once you confirm the creation of the new unit, in the table underneath a new row will appear with the basic data already entered.
By clicking on one of the fields you can edit the following:
- Name – The name of the unit: our software has automatically created a name, but you can change it by clicking on the current one. To save the new name click on the confirmation button, or click the ‘’x’’ button to cancel.
- Priority – this is the order by which the reservations will be entered in your units- you can change it by clicking on the current value. To save the new priority click on the confirmation button, or click the ‘’x’’ button to cancel.
- Description – The description of your unit – you can change it by clicking on the current description. To save the new description, click on the confirmation button, or click on the ‘’x’’ button to cancel.
- Imaginary – by clicking on the button in this column you can change the status of the room: is the room real or not. If you set the status of a room to ‘’Imaginary’’ that room will be placed in the bottom, underneath the rest of the rooms. You might want to sell more units than physically exist for a number of reasons. Imaginary Units lets you flag those kinds of units.
- Deleted – If the room already has bookings but you wish to delete it, the room will not disappear from the calendar so that the bookings wouldn’t disappear, but it will be flagged as deleted in this column. This same room will no longer be visible on sales channels.
- Tools– by clicking on the button in this column you can delete a unit, but only if the unit doesn’t have any entered reservations. If you already have reservations in the unit you wish to delete do not use this option! Instead, in the ‘’Deleted’’ column mark the ‘’yes’’ option. In case you really wish to delete the unit with no reservations, you need to confirm the request to delete in the pop-up window that appears.
Once you’ve created all the units, you can monitor their availability in the Calendar.